Country Analysis (2021)
|Duration:||3 days (in weeks with public holidays: 2 days)|
|Price for integrated participation, if not not entitled to SQ|
This course will deepen your understanding of your country of assignment. You will improve your understanding of different perspectives as well as how to act successfully and effectively in the light of social and cultural differences.
You know important framework conditions, backgrounds, and structures in your country of assignment and have analysed possible areas of tension with respect to your personal goals. By taking into account your own interests and previous experience as well as reflecting your behavioural patterns, you are best prepared for working and living in your partner country.
- You will reflect on the framework conditions, backgrounds, structures, and processes in your country of destination – and get to know the societal, economic, environmental, (development) political, (inter)cultural, and historical circumstances
- You will learn more about important stakeholders, institutions, and social groups in the country (societal/ethnic groups, political interest groups, relevant NGOs, etc) and will practice communication and behavioural patterns in your working and everyday life contexts
- You prepare yourself for dealing with conflicts, violence, and fragility as well as special situations such as crisis and threat scenarios, and for dealing with minorities, gender aspects and role expectations for international experts
- You identify possible areas of tension between the cultural, social, and political circumstances in your mission country and your own professional and personal goals
References to the learning material
You will have at your disposal more than 75 country overviews in our Country Information Portal (https://www.liportal.de/) as well as various country-specific and development policy information in our extensive Media and Information Centre.
Our trainer pool consists of country experts with personal living and working experience in more than 130 countries.
- We recommend combining this course with the course “Dealing with Complexity and Diversity in the International Context”
- This course is organized for 1 - 6 participants (up to 4 participants for digital courses) individually for you.
- If you would like to participate in this course digitally, we will gladly see if this is possible for you
- After departing to your partner country, you have further opportunities for practical counselling with your trainer.
- The SQ-Portal is your online-community for those who are preparing for their assignment abroad and those who are already on the job abroad. Get connected and mingle in this large network of experts in international cooperation, get helpful information about the training venue “Campus Kottenforst” and continue unfolding your newly acquired competencies online.
You are an expert or manager in the field of international cooperation or an accompanying partner.
11/04/2021 8:30 AM - 11/05/2021 5:30 PM
SQ.AK.LA_21.072 | German | Digitale Trainingsräume Ausreisevorbereitung
11/17/2021 8:30 AM - 11/19/2021 4:00 PM
SQ.AK.LA_21.497 | German | Digitale Trainingsräume Ausreisevorbereitung
12/08/2021 8:30 AM - 12/10/2021 4:00 PM
SQ.AK.LA_21.073 | German | Campus Kottenforst, Bonn Röttgen
QR Code - Link to go
|Scan this QR code if you want to open this web page on your smartphone.|
You may also be interested in these training products
- Similar products in the training catalogue
Selection by programme weeks (2021)10
Selection by programme weeks (2021)11
Diversity competence, country analysis and SDGs
Selection by themes (2021)5